Engineering Week 2017 – Lego Mindstorms
To celebrate ‘Engineering Week’ this week, we started a new type of coding/programming called ‘Mindstorms’. We have been using ‘Scratch’ coding for the past few weeks and this has been a great help in preparing us to use ‘Mindstorms’. The children built their own robots as part of the project and came up with there own codes which they used to control their robots. This was great fun and we aim to spend time every week improving our coding skills and building our robots.
A massive congratulations to Conor and Liam on their group project which recently came in the top 34 out of 800 projects. The project was created using the computer program ‘Scratch’. We are very proud of the two boys.
In these pages we have included models and robots that we have made in different projects over the past few years.
There is a list of the projects below.
In each project we have a number of pages where you can find out all about the models we made for that project.
As we add details of these and other projects we will be activating the links below.
- Glanbia Project
- Walt Disney Theme Park
- Don Quixote: Impossible Dreamers
- Data Logging
- Data Logging Instructions
- Data Logging Experiments
- Earthquake in Springfield
- Springfield How the Project Developed
- Springfield Summary
- Springfield Models
- Springfield News Bulletin
- Springfield Poems and Stories
- The U.S. Election Voting Machine
- Voting Paper Introduction
- Voting Paper Model
- The Wooden Horse of Troy
- The Robotic Nature Quiz
- Robotic Nature Quiz Questions
- Robotic Nature Quiz Project Outline
- Ally the Adding Alligator
- Bomb Disposal Unit